Shy and belated, wandering alone through my years with occasional companionship, uncertain of what may come, until one day I happen upon a place of my dreams and only of what I have heard of from other travelers and warriors.
A forest filled with beauty, ancient trees, streams of sparkling clear water, with fairies to welcome my presence.
As I walk along a path in awe of surroundings, I find a princess so dear and pretty she blinds my eyes of her beauty.
We learn of each other and know each other and give each other many things. Quests we embark on, weakness overcome.
She has given me much, and awaits her turn, but I am unable to speak. I cannot fathom the love to be had, until one day and more thereafter I tear away to leave this forest, questing with thine heart so hollow.
Tests and fights with dragons and wizards I go through, only to be beaten and scarred. Defeated. Still I live, and my experience fills me, that of what I am uncertain.
Travel about, to enter unto that place filled with fairies, trees, and waterfalls, the magic I remember. I find the princess making lovely songs, a flower in her hair, a finagle of fairies taking care of her hair.
I go unto her and say that we meet again, fair one, for I am in need of healing by your words and touch. My battles and time away has left me wounded and drained me, not heeding such words from others met.
She brings continuous love, and we journey to faraway places, proceeding to progress. Falling back to her forest, with sweetened words for each other, only a short time later I tear away again to seek that which I feel I need.
She wonders when I will learn to acknowledge mistakes to overcome. On a bridge to someplace great, she utters silken, hurt words that still I cannot comprehend, for I am weak and too adventurous.
Still blind to see, but know within my heart for shades of gray have painted my mind and I become sicker still. The mind has power over my heart when reverse ways it will to be.
She practices patience, love, with no rest, for tomorrow may be the day she longs for best. But that day never comes, for the warrior's urges compel this man to leave. She looks upon with saddened eyes.
As departure commences, parted words reveal I may not come back alive. She turns and ventures to find her healing band.
As she and her forest disappears on the horizon, I find my best armor was left in her possession. Ever confident, I go, trusting my skill to fight nearly naked against a dragon of skill spread words. What creature is next?
Months go by, and I have conquered and been defeated. Still unfulfilled for a full heart is a farce, missing the love of the princess.
Acquired riches grant new armor, complete with wisdom. Ooh, graft it to my body, given by a higher power, a man I happened upon that I knew before.
Traveling homeward, the familiar land greets me, the Princess' domain, and as the forest creeps closer, heart beats faster, as if butterflies and the mind races.
Wonderment and longing make capacity's limits overcome and old fairy friends welcome with surprise and sad eyes.
There is a noticeable difference in the air, once enriched with a magical flair. Certain that I will find myself in dismay, for I had chances before, and wore perseverance thin.
The princess I see is still a sight to see, and the organ in my chest near explodes with happiness, but the difference in the air, with a knowing of what I fear envelops me.
She allows me to come forth unto her and spill my adventures and my heart. Emptied, she responds.
She reveals she is on a different path and has loved me enough in that sense, and advises me to seek out other forests.
The air's different vibe held true, and I hold no anger, for I left without her too many times, in search of that which was unfulfilled angst lust. Her heeds went unnoticed.
Buried sense and regret deep down, to hold a light up, warily I travel on, with at least some part of a love always in the depths.
We bid adieu, and as I meander along the forest's edge, I look up and see the clouds heading westward. Laying down to rest, for my journey is setting still...
No comments:
Post a Comment